If you are planning any new home improvements, or new buildings in general, be sure to contact the Permits/Inspections Department to obtain a building permit. Following the completion of the building permit, an inspection must be scheduled with our code officials, so the permits can be completed and certificate of occupancy issued.
For permit information, or to schedule an inspection, call (302) 378-1171 or visit Town Hall, 19 W. Green St., Middletown. You may also send an email.
These are required for:
- Building or installing patios, decks or patio covers; chimneys; garages; ventilation, heating or air-conditioning supply or exhaust systems; swimming pools; and tool or storage sheds.
- Adding or changing rooms, dormers, windows or wall openings, circuits or other parts of electrical systems; walls to a porch; and garages to a livable area.
- Replacing or repairing roofing, termite damage, porches, existing stone, brick or concrete.
- Demolishing any structure or part of a structure affecting a building on your property.
- Commercial tenant fit-outs and additions to commercial buildings
A building permit ensures that work is done in compliance with the International Building Code and Code of the Town of Middletown and ensures that each phase of work is inspected by the town code official. Contractors hired to perform building or reconstruction work must be licensed with the town.
Inspections - Each non-occupant owner of a residence who rents or leases to another person is required to have the property inspected prior to a occupancy.
Basement Permit Pack
Commercial Tenant Fit-Out Permit Pack
Deck Permit Pack
Demo Permit Pack
Irrigation System Permit Pack
New Construction Permit Pack
Paver _ Concrete Patio - Walkway - Driveway Permit Pack
Residential Exterior Plaster Repair Permit Pack
Shed Permit Pack
Sidewalk Replacement Permit Pack
Sign Permit Pack
Swimming Pool Permit Pack
Business License Application
Business License Questionnaire (Home Businesses)
Commercial Building Permit
Conditional Use Permit Application and Instructions
Construction Trailer Application
Demolition Permit Application
HVAC Permit Application
Plumbing Permit Application
Residential Building Permit
Sign Permit Application
Swimming Pool Permit
Water Meter Application
Zoning Compliance Form